Friday, January 18, 2013

Pizza with Cauliflower Crust


I got this receipt from TfDiaries

I don't have a measuring cup so it was approximately as follows:
Preheat oven to 450 F (230 C)
Mix well and form into a ball - (hands are a good tool for this):
1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower (simmer in water ten minute until soft, drain and squeeze out liquid)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I used fine crumbly quattro formaggio [four cheese] mix)
1 egg
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp crushed garlic (I just used two garlic cloves)
1/2 tsp garlic salt
Grease a baking sheet with olive oil,  flatten ball of "dough" on sheet to 1/4" or as desired, and optional brush dough with olive oil.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Add desired toppings (sauce, cooked vegetables - mushrooms and onions, prosciutto, more cheese) and place under broiler for a few minutes until cheese is melted on top. (I skipped that step because my sauce and veggies were hot from the stove top which melted the cheese)

Keep on experimenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment