Thursday, January 24, 2013

Orange Chocolate Yoghurt Pancakes [Gluten-Free]

Another one of those experimental things, but hey that is what I am all about.

I'm working on going raw...ish. Alright two meals out of three a day and fresh juice will be raw. Still keeping my gluten-free creations [pancakes!], chocolate, fermented veggies (a form of raw right?), homemade broths and occasional meats (mineral, amino acid, etc source). Maybe I need to come up with a different name than raw food diet; maybe: GAPS diet with more fruits and veggies. Will come up with something soon.

Mix:
2 yolks
1 - 2 T honey
3 - 5 squares milk chocolate (from bar) melted
1/2 tsp lemon juice or better yet, orange juice, zest, or oil
2-3 tbs orange flavored yoghurt (I used half a single serving cup)
1/2 tsp vanilla (one packet dried)
1/4 - 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
Stir in:
1/3 cup almond flour (+/-)
1/4 cup flaxseed meal (+/-)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Whisk two egg whites until stiff and fold in.
Sauté in butter (coconut oil distracts)

I ate them plain, but you could serve it with blood oranges and Nutella

Need to make them again to confirm ingredient amounts and increase chocolate/orange flavor amounts (I adjusted the recipe above by guessing). The folded in egg whites really made a difference and could possibly make these as waffles instead.

Experiment and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment