Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Coconut Pancakes

Writing a food blog and not keeping track of ingredient amounts seems like an oxymoron. Whatever. I'll consider this more of a personal food journal to use as a self-reminder - if anyone else finds it useful, than great.  

I have Claire, besides myself, as taste tester. However, today we disagreed because she liked the recipe better with soft crumbly pancakes before I tweaked it and added more flavor. Oh well. 

Lately, I have been learning some cooking lessons the hard way. With all previous recipes I used my handy dandy coffee grinder to make all my almond and coconut flour (from sliced and flakes). Home-ground flours react completely differently than stored bought ones! Tried making the coconut Melt-In-Your-Mouth cookies only to forget ingredients, try adding them later, and then forget the cookies in the oven! You need to pay attention and also do not try cooking with extremely low blood sugar. 1. you can be light headed (most likely not thinking clearly) 2. anything...anything seems to taste good.

Blend:
1 1/4 cup So Delicious Coconut milk
Firm Banana (Ripe is overpowering flavor)
3 brown eggs
1 tsp local honey
1/2 tsp coconut oil
3/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
dash sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
Whisk in:
1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill Coconut Flour High Fiber (oops!)
1/8 cup creamy peanut butter

Cook in raw butter over medium low heat. Sprinkle pumpkin spice over uncooked side of pancake in pan. Tasted best with berry jam (blackberry, strawberry, raspberry...)

Eat up! 


No comments:

Post a Comment