Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Parmesan Steak with Vegetables in Wine Sauce


Originally I was going to bake my vegetables in the oven, but my sister came in and expressed her great disappointment that I wasn't making vegetable lasagna like she was craving. Sorry, I can only make what I am in the mood to eat. So change of course was required and this could have been A LOT better had the vegetable not been partially precooked in the oven. Consistency and texture is key!

Slice and stir fry (adding vegetables at respective times):
Leftover beef brisket sliced (eat the fat, do not cut it off, it is the most flavorful part)
yellow onion
yellow bell pepper
green bell pepper
mushrooms
eggplant
olive oil
italian seasoning
pepper
sea salt
Sauce:
Red wine
worcestershire sauce
dark mustard optional

Top with fresh grated parmesan cheese.

P.S. Broccoli, amongst other raw vegetables, make a good antipasto.

No comments:

Post a Comment