Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Rosemary and Fennel Cauliflower Soup

 
[This might actually be a photo of cucumber soup. In fact, I'm pretty sure it is. I recall it was good...Hmm, now did I write down the recipe?]

A very savory recipe. Would better for the Fall or Winter than Summer. Oops.

Note: measurements are approximate since I measure mostly by hand. 

3 cups homemade beef broth
1 half head cauliflower
(optional medium onion and 1/4 home canned green been juice)
1-2 tsp sea salt

Cover with lid and cook until cauliflower is falling apart. Blend until smooth. Return to pan.

1/2 tsp fresh ground rosemary
1/8-1/4 tsp ground fennel
(my coffee grinder gets a lot of work)
dash cayenne optional
sea salt and veggie pepper to taste

Adjustments may be necessary.

Top with homemade sour cream and sprig of fresh herbs...also optional.

Share your version or tweaking in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment